Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My beautiful boys (Dave & Connor) woke me up Mother's Day morning with a sweet and beautiful breakfast in bed.  Connor  picked a rose from the back yard and put it in a cup on the tray.  He helped dad spread the frosting on the cinnamon rolls and he woke me up with a kiss! :)  If nothing else happened after that... the day was already PERFECT!  So we started the morning with cinnamon rolls and coffee on the bed.  Connor gave me a handmade card he drew himself, which of course I will keep forever.  He also told Dave that I was his best friend and that I was also a beautiful genius!  haha  The day was amazing in the first hour alone!! :)

Next came the GIFT!  And David likes to stick with what works... he knows that I love jewelry, so Connor and him picked out the most precious gift; a beautiful necklace from the Open Heart Collection from Kay Jewelers.



"The open heart is reflected in all our life experiences -- our joys, heartbreaks and inspirations.  Only when you can love yourself and keep your heart open, can you best give and receive love. That love can be for another person, a pet, a charity, or a personal passion. These open hearts should speak to every kind of love in your life, and of course love has no boundaries, it flows unconditionally." - Jane Seymour on the meaning of her collection.

Next came lunch at one of our favorite resturants -- Famous Dave's! :)  Although I love Dave's BBQ 100x more... Famous Dave's is my 2nd favorite! 

If you've never been... make it a priority!

We also stopped by Payless Shoes to pick up Connor some super Buzz Lightyear "Light UP" shoes.  He didn't give me an option to think about getting them.  He just threw his other shoes in the trash and walked out the door with them on!! 

The rest of the day was spent resting...zzzzzzzzzzzz... that was nice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment