Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Adventures

Happy Memorial Day!!

Granted our weekend wasn't full of chaos and drama, however it was restful.  Our initial weekend plans were to go camping at Solomon's Island, on the southern banks of Maryland.  We made reservations back in early March, to make sure we got one of the better camp sites.  However, once Dave fractured his leg we had to make the decision to either cancel the trip OR Miranda could do all the work.  LOL  As much as I LOVE camping, I am NOT doing it alone.

So what did we do?  Hmmm.  Saturday we stayed in bed a little longer to enjoy our NEW tempurpedic... definitely worth the money if you are debating about buying a new bed!  Dave and I woke up completely rested -- it was a nice change.  We took a trip to Lanham, MD to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings.  We played a couple games of trivia -- Dave won, of course.

**Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry they were taken by a camera phone. **

Because we didn't go grocery shopping this weekend, we ate out A LOT.  Saturday night we spent the evening at the Slip Inn Marina watching the boats on the river, having dinner, and a few drinks.


Dave was on the phone with his grandparents while striking a pose with Connor. :)  Connor really enjoys having his picture taken.  He informed me yesterday that he likes attention...lol.  "Yes, I can tell you like attention Connor."

Here is a picture of Connor and I -- of course I am taking the picture, because I am the "picture taker".  It was a really nice evening and I tried a new beer - ESB (extra special brew)... not bad, but I missed the Shock Top that was tapped out!


Sunday was eventful.  We had brunch at IHOP -- yes I know we ate out alot -- but then we went over to Home Depot and picked up some paint.  Dave and I (and I use "I" sparingly) painted the entryway and hall a crisp linen white hoping it would brighten up the area.  It did!  I forgot to get pictures, however we will be painting our living room next weekend, so I will post pictures soon.

Memorial Day Monday - we watched VP Biden place the wreath at Arlington Cemetery via television.  No we weren't going to fight the crowd.  However, we were a little upset that the president himself was vacationing (AGAIN) on this important day, but we won't get into THAT.  We ate some breakfast -- AT HOME-- then we had some family time and enjoyed some sun.  However, lunch was a special event as we took Connor to Hana Tokyo to watch a Hibachi grill.  Yum!! 





Connor was very impressed with the grill master and the FIRE!  The meal was delicious and looked incredible.  What do you think?  Besides the fact that we eat out too much!! lol


And YES we did spend some time outside.  We went to a Memorial Day party and Connor got a little wet!



Like I said it was a restful weekend and I am sure I gained 2 lbs because we ate out so much.  However... it is what it is!

**A special thanks to those who have served before us, with us, and after us.  God Bless America! **

No comments:

Post a Comment