Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kagen's Visit

 Kagen's Visit 

15 years ago I took a trip to New Mexico to visit my father and his "new" family.  I met for the first time a little 5 year old boy, named Kagen.  I was only 14 years of age and spent 2 weeks trying to avoid... everyone!  LOL  Ok I was a teenager once too! =P


About 5 years ago, I got back in touch with Kagen through email and the magic of MSN messenger.  The end of March I was chatting with Kagen and he asked if he could come out and redirect his flight from New York to DC.  OF COURSE!!  I was really excited to see him... and when I did, I knew right away that was my "little" brother.  He looked just like my brother, Justin.





Of course I took him to do some sight seeing... yes he just LOVED that.  If you read his shirt it says, "I'm really excited to be here" and he was. :)  We made up for lost time and played with some play doh.  I made him a bracelet and necklace... you like?


We also watched Connor bake some cookies for us... they were DELICIOUS too! :)


Kagen didn't help much, he was glued to his game World of Warcraft (WoW).  He is 20 years old and addicted to video games.... that is not uncommon though. =)   Below he plays his game and teaches Connor!  Connor loved it!


Connor loved Uncle Kagen's visit and was excited to show him off at school.  Here they are posing before we took Connor to school.


Kagen also befriended our family pet, Chaser.  Chaser enjoyed the extra attention, much like Connor!!! 


It was so great to see Kagen again and actually get to know him and his personality.  He reminds me so much of Justin, but it is Kagen.... the one and only. :)  I hope to see him again soon.  Thanks for visiting Kagen!

No comments:

Post a Comment